Frequent microwave errors and find out how to repair them – midday
A microwave is one of the most common appliances in the modern kitchen. in contrast to others Cooking appliances such as gas stovesMicrowave ovens are faster and easier to use. Again, most of them come with unique features that allow you to prepare various meals and reheat cooked food with ease.
However, they fail like other devices, which means you need to know how to fix them if you run into problems. You don’t need to find a technician to help you solve most microwave oven problems.
While it is important to buy one Quality microwave in IndiaIt is equally important to understand the basic troubleshooting techniques in order to fix the minor issues yourself. This guide will teach you how to solve various problems with microwave ovens.
1. Unresponsive buttons
The microwave buttons allow you to set your preferred cooking temperatures when preparing different meals. However, this is not possible if the buttons do not work as required. This usually happens when the switch membrane is damaged from constant use. This is also the case if there is a problem with the control board.
If the oven was delivered to you, there is a high chance of loose connections. This means that you should check the cables that are connected to the control panel. If some buttons work and others don’t, use a multimeter to check the membrane switch. This way you can analyze the ohmic value of the resistor. You may also need to check the main control system to make sure there is proper supply.
2. Sparkle in the oven
The twinkle in a microwave oven means there is a problem. The first thing you should do is connect the machine from the main power supply. After that, you can now try to determine the cause of the problem. Some of the things that could lead to this are:
• Peeling paint inside the appliance – This happens when the microwaves reflect off the wall cavity. To solve this, you should apply a layer of paint to prevent reflection.
• Damaged waveguide cover – The waveguide cover ensures that the microwaves stay safely in the oven compartment. A damaged waveguide cover can cause sparkles. You can also replace the waveguide with a new one.
• Some Vegetables – Some vegetables contain minerals that reflect microwaves. This reflection can cause sparkles. In this case, you should turn off the stove immediately.
3. Stop suddenly when heating – One of the most frustrating things that can happen in the kitchen is when the oven suddenly stops working. This can lead to wasted food and time. It usually occurs when the transformer is damaged by high voltage. This can also happen due to a damaged motor, door switch, or touchpad. Therefore, you need to replace all parts in case they are damaged.
4. Microwave noises – There are several things that can cause the microwave oven to become noisy. The first thing to do when troubleshooting a problem is to check the disk. If there is a rattle around the plate, check the idler pulley or clutch. If the problem is in the magnetron or the drive motor, you may need to find a technician to help you repair it. The problem can also occur due to a high voltage diode.
5. No heat generation – The diode and magnetrons are the main heating components of a microwave. These components allow the microwaves to pass through the food as it is heated. If either component is not working, it means there is no heating. The only way to solve this is to replace the damaged diodes or magnetrons.
6. Problem with the microwave lamp – There is a small light bulb in the microwave oven that lights up when the microwave is in operation. If you find it isn’t working, you need to check that it’s secured. This problem also occurs due to poor wiring or a faulty lamp socket. If the control board is damaged, the voltage will not be sent to the lamp socket.
7. Microwave plate does not rotate – A microwave contains a motor that rotates under the plate. This motor allows the platter to rotate and this ensures that the food is heated evenly. If the platter does not spin, there is a possibility that the motor may be burned out or worn out. If the motor is in good condition, there may be a problem with the main control board. However, if the control board is okay, you may need to check the control panel or touchpad.
8. Problems with the display – This usually happens when the device is turned on and can occur if the circuit board is damaged or there is a problem with the power supply. To fix this, you should restart the device for 2-3 minutes or plug the plug into a different socket. If that doesn’t solve the problem, you should repair the circuit board by replacing the faulty capacitor.
9. Spend plenty of time cooking – This may not be a serious problem as it usually happens when you have put a lot of food in the oven. You should therefore always fill in small amounts of food. You can also try using the microwave level indicator to see if there is a microwave leak.
10. Door does not close – If you are using an old microwave this is a common problem. This usually happens when the springs or hinges come loose. This is a serious problem as heat and odors can easily escape from the microwave. So check the hinges and door latch to make sure they are in good condition. You should also tighten any loose screws and replace any damaged parts.
Knowing how to solve various microwave oven problems is a very important skill when you rely on these appliances for your cooking. You will also find that most problems are not difficult to solve. With these instructions, we hope that you can now solve every microwave oven without setting a specialist.