More often than not, small microwave ovens receive not very favourable ratings. So why not take a look at a medium-size microwave oven? After all, when you are looking for a medium-size microwave oven, what you would really want is a microwave oven that does the basic tasks efficiently. I present to you Sharp R-305KS Microwave Oven as the best mid-sized microwave oven. Especially good if you’re looking for one to fit in the new built-in shelf, Sharp R-305KS heats perfectly, has safety lock ability, is a performer, classy looking, fast, compact and easy to clean.
1) Heats Perfectly
- There have been countless positive reviewers who were happy with the heating.
- E.g. Takes 45 seconds to boil a cup of water or takes approximately 3 minute to cook oatmeal at 50% power.
2) Safety Lock Ability
- Especially valuable if you have children.
- No more worries about your child getting hurt or your microwave oven getting spoilt.
- With 6 cook options, 6 reheat options and 4 defrost options; it is certainly a performer for those in a jiffy.
- Best used for quick re-heating dishes such as beverages, pizza, rolls & muffins.
- Defrost better than expected for a medium-size microwave oven.
- There is a clock too!
4) Classy Looking
- With its compact stainless steel design, this sleek look can’t go wrong.
- It heats everything very well, fast and evenly.
- Most users use this for reheating leftovers, coffee and making popcorn!
- Does not take all of the limited counter space.
- Good for those in need for microwave oven that fits in built-in-shelf or who has a small kitchen area.
7) Easy to Clean
- Easy to clean both inside and out.
- A note of caution: The stainless skin seems thin. If you wipe the door on the outside with a dish towel, it might leave scratch marks.
- Solution? Exercise caution when cleaning the outside. Use a very soft, damp cloth and try not to rub too aggressively.
- Some found that only after a few months use, their microwave ovens seem to have broken. (E.g. buttons failed to operate, timer does not work, etc.)
- There was one dangerous experience where the microwave oven turned itself on while unattended!!
- However, considering the price, I’d say this is more of a manufacturing discrepancy as not all buyers experience this same problem.
2) Not Every Part is Stainless Steel
- Only the front portion is stainless steel.
- The rest is painted silvery-gray with dashes of black accents.
3) Inferior Quality
- Opening and closing the door makes loud noises
- More importantly, the door seems fragile and there is a possibility that it might break.
4) Confusing Instruction Booklet
- Takes quite a while to understand it.
- Solution? Read a few times and it should help.
5) Cheap Turntable Mechanism
- It’s generally all right for the price you’re paying.
Sharp R-305KS Microwave Oven gets the job done if all you want from your microwave oven is to heat up your leftovers, baby food and soup. No doubt, it has its fair share of problems, but what can you expect from a price below $100? After all, Sharp R-305KS heats perfectly, has safety lock ability, is a performer, classy looking, fast, compact and easy to clean.
- Best Microwave – Main
- Sharp R-230KK Microwave
- Sharp R-320HW 1200 Watts Mid Size Microwave Oven
- Panasonic NN-SD667S 1-1/5-Cubic-Foot 1300-Watt Microwave Oven
More Related Posts: