Sharp at KBIS Intros Good Convection Microwave Drawer Oven – Dealerscope
The Sharp Home Electronics Company of America (SHCA) has expanded its portfolio of intelligent Wi-Fi-enabled kitchen appliances with the presentation of the integrated Smart Convection Microwave Drawer Oven model SMD2499FS at the Virtual Kitchen & Bath Industry Show (KBIS) 2021. .
According to Sharp, this first-class microwave drawer oven combines cooking with sensor microwaves with two convection fans, which unlocks cooking functions that were previously inaccessible in microwave devices such as baking, roasting, grilling and roasting in the air.
The smart features of the 24-inch device include access to recipes, tips and remote control via the Sharp Kitchen smart device app, as well as compatibility with Amazon Echo devices for voice commands.
“Forward-thinking innovation is always a top priority for Sharp, especially as we drive our Simply Better Living brand promise to help consumers lead healthier lifestyles,” said Jim Sanduski, President of SHCA, in the product announcement statement as “our next step for the further development of the modern kitchen … “
“In addition to the glamor and luxury of this new device, we at Sharp are always focused on delivering products that make life in the kitchen easier, and the SMD2499FS has everything to do that,” commented Senior VP of Sales and Marketing for SEMCA Peter Weedfald in the statement.
The Sharp SMD2499FS features:
• Three Speed Cook modes that combine convection with microwave cooking for faster, tastier meals.
• The Air Fry mode makes food tender on the inside and crispy on the outside.
• A convection grill mode that can be used to cook beef, pork, chicken, fish, burgers and hot dogs.
• A convection baking mode for bread, muffins, cakes and pizza with two convection fans that circulate heated air.
• A convection roast mode for roasts such as roast chicken, beef and pork roasts.
• A toast mode that allows you to toast up to six slices of bread and bagels in the convection microwave.
• A warm mode that turns the oven into a warming drawer to keep family dishes such as casseroles, vegetables and quiches warm.
• A dishwasher safe porcelain casserole dish with two racks that can be used individually or at the same time for up to two 9 x 13 inch casserole dishes.
• Concealed drop-down touch glass controls that are highly visible and operate at a convenient 45-degree angle.
• Sharp’s “Easy Wave Open” function for contactless access and opening of the microwave drawer.
• Built-in airflow control that safely directs hot air ventilation away from surfaces, including walls and cabinets, for flush mounting.
• Simplified installation by connecting to a standard household socket with 120 V / 15 amps.
• An optional accessory with two under-counter drawers (SKCD24U0GS) that can be slid in for easy installation.
This introduction follows the recently released Sharp Smart Countertop Microwave Oven – Sharp’s first Alexa-enabled microwave. The SMD2499FS will be available in select retail stores for $ 2,229.99, according to Sharp.